|Company: Select Genetics||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
Select Genetics is seeking a full-time Sanitation Supervisor, to oversee cleaning processes in the hatchery and ensure safe environment complying with organizational and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulation.
Select Genetics, the leading supplier of quality turkey poults, with a mission to deliver the highest quality poult at the greatest value to integrated food marketing companies, our commercial production farms, and independent turkey growers.
Roles and Responsibilities :
• Maintaining a clean and safe work area;
• Manages Sanitation technicians, ensuring employees follow the schedule;
• Checks with department for any issues;
• Addresses any issue that arises, and prioritizes tasks when necessary;
• Orders supplies when necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Follow all of the company’s rules and regulations for bio security, animal welfare and safety;
• Be organized and able to prioritize responsibilities to attend to around the hatchery;
• Be highly knowledgeable about the OSHA regulations and STS program;
• Successfully lead, supervise and manager Sanitation technicians;
• Able to perform duties of the job including the ability to be constantly moving, to occasionally lift 50 lbs. objects, to be exposed to dust, humidity, heat;
• Must be able to safely navigate through the chemicals and fumes;
• Assist where needed in the hatchery;
• Be available to work an extended work days, holidays and weekends if needed.
• Manage subordinates in a way that efficiently uses their time and skills.
• Lead, train, motivate, discipline and supervise Sanitation technicians with the objective of building and maintaining a high performing unit that meets or exceeds production goals. Ensure the authority and responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
• Check in with the leads from each department for any unknown issues.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Follow all company regulations pertaining to bio security, animal welfare and safety.
• Other duties as assigned by the management.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Previous experience in Sanitation.
• Knowledge of parametric and industrial control systems.
• Specific knowledge of turkeys and turkey farming desired.
• The ability to read and interpret relevant technical, industry, and government regulations and legislation.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety standards and regulations and STS program;
• Ability to walk and move constantly, use hands for the entire work shift, lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally; bend, stoop and squat to complete job duties; to be exposed to dust, humidity, heat and cold;
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to be self-sufficient and to organize and prioritize work.
• Has to have good business judgment, make quick decisions and work under presser.
• A valid Indiana Driver’s License and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record required.
YES! These positions will be compensated hourly plus eligible for a full company benefits package to include:
Medical Insurance (Affordable rates!) + Call a Doc optional benefit
Dental and Vision Insurance
Health Savings Account with up to $500 company contribution
401(K) retirement plan with immediate 100% company match up to 4%
Company Paid Life Insurance = to 1X salary
PTO + Paid Holidays
Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
For more information, please contact: