|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
The Manufacturing Support Team at Nova-Tech Engineering is adding to their Tech Writing Team and has an opportunity available for the right individual, who will play a mission critical role to assist the team in carrying out a high level of service to support internal and external customers. This position is based in Willmar, MN.
This position will be involved in activities related to:
- Presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Interviewing and collaborating with Subject Matter Experts to develop essential content
- Organizing material and completing assignments according to company standards and templates
- Optimizing order of operations and assembly sequences to minimize labor and maximize repeat-ability
- Creating and selecting photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material
- Following established procedures for document updates (Engineering Change Orders, process updates, and best practices)
- Editing and standardizing material prepared by others in the company
Through innovative process automation technology, the organization engineers and manufactures products that benefit over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in 52 countries worldwide. Nova-Tech Engineering is a thriving organization experiencing continued growth in the agricultural industry, located on the MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN.
The Ideal Candidate Profile We Are Seeking:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills: editing, grammar, style, spelling, punctuation, proofreading skills, etc.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and seek solutions proactively
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and focus on quality
- Strong knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Sharepoint, Adobe or equivalent publishing software
- Strong knowledge and skills with image editing software, such as Adobe PhotoShop or equivalent
- Knowledge of Web publishing tools
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Interest or skills in single-source documentation or structured content
- Knowledge and skills of document control management support including editing, versioning requirements, monitoring status, presentation development support, desired
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- 1-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Previous experience in electromechanical equipment manufacturing desirable
- BS or BA degree from an accredited institution in English, journalism, or technical writing
An Alignment with Nova-Tech Engineering’s Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the purpose, vision, and values of Nova-Tech Engineering
Schedule and Compensation Package:
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week and must be available to work between core business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM. Compensation will be per hour negotiable depending upon qualifications and experience.
Nova-Tech Engineering currently offers a benefits package consisting of: medical insurance, paid holidays, PTO, health savings account with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages starting DAY ONE! We also compensate full-time employees an additional 5 days of PTO during the Christmas and New Year holiday season.
Strengths Based Culture:
We believe in the Gallup strengths based concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Angela Koosman, Strategic HR Business Partner