|Company: Life-Science Innovations||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
Life-Science Innovations is seeking a Systems Administrator to join their Information Systems team. Our infrastructure serves and supports several hundreds of employees within our family of companies. This role is critical for managing our organization’s system and storage administrations, as well as backups and system configurations; and will be a great opportunity for someone looking for enterprise wide information systems experience in a faced-paced, evolving, and challenging environment.
Life-Science Innovations (LSI) provides strategic guidance, administrative support and capital funding to grow, develop, and sustain our current and future affiliate companies as leaders in the life sciences and engineering. LSI provides these companies with the resources they need to successfully reach their present and future potentials.
Our affiliate companies are in the biotechnology, engineering, genetics, and agricultural industries. LSI and its affiliates are committed to a single, driving, all-encompassing purpose: applying innovative solutions that help our customers provide safe and affordable animal protein to feed the world.
LSI is located just 90 miles west of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul,in Willmar, Minnesota. LSI and several of its affiliates house their headquarters on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, which is the country’s largest privately held technology park. MinnWest is a thriving technology community for like-minded businesses in the fields of agriculture, technology, science and energy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
• Maintain Microsoft Active Directory forest and domains for the company, including DNS and DHCP technologies which integrate into AD
• Ensure all servers have been secured, including patches and local firewalls, and identify any areas of concern that put company data and resources at risk
• Maintain Hyper-V hosts and clusters system wide
• Maintain system applications including Exchange, SQL, Remote Desktop Servers, etc.
• Integrate with cloud technologies including Azure and Office 365
• Build servers and complete projects as required by manager
• Maintain all storage for the organization in all locations, which includes presenting storage to appropriate systems as needed to maintain all data in a redundant method for disaster recovery
• Perform capacity planning to estimate when storage needs to be added or replaced and ensure space is available for systems before it is needed
• Performance tuning to ensure production systems have needed IOPS to work without delay to end users, as well as move stale data to lower-end storage systems to reduce costs
• Perform backups and restores of systems and files as needed, as well as develop a disaster recovery plan
• Apply OS patches and updates on regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
• Automate OS and application patches and updates on a regular basis for workstations and servers
• Automate installation of operating systems and applications for workstations
• Automate collection of hardware and software data from all computers (virtual and physical) for asset management and license auditing in real time
• Manage Virtual Machine Manager to manage all Hyper-V hosts and clusters system wide
The ideal candidate will have the following educational and experience background:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a Systems Administer role
- Ideal candidate will have high energy, be adaptable to change, enjoy fast work pace, live with honesty and integrity, and bring a sense of humor to our team.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a variety of qualified technical roles
• Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
• Proficiency in Microsoft’s portfolio of enterprise platforms including Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, SCCM, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services, Azure, Office 365
• Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues
• Able to implement technologies in a seamless manner
• Background in designing/developing IT systems
• Minimum of an Associates degree or, certificate in computer science, computer engineering or, related field. BS/BA preferred.
Company Organizational Purpose & Core Values: We apply innovative solutions that help our customers provide safe and affordable animal protein to feed the world.
• Employee Well-Being: Each of our employees is unique and we are committed to unlocking his or her full potential.
• Innovation: The new ideas of today will define our success in the future.
• Stewardship: Our decision making is focused on future decades rather than the next quarter.
• Trustworthiness: We say what we’ll do and do what we say.
• Excellence: Our uncompromising drive to do the best.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
(320) 222-9790, firstname.lastname@example.org