|Company: Life-Science Innovations||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
An Affiliate Company of Life-Science Innovations, Man Cave Craft Meats, with HQ in the Twin Cities area, is searching for a highly motivated, creative (but not too creative) accountant to lead our financial management efforts from debt-fueled start-up to established brand spawning/funding new ventures. That is our vision, and we’re going to need a financial guru to carry that fiscal burden of responsibility on this wild ride.
Who we are:
Started at the Minneapolis Farmers Market, Man Cave Craft Meats has exploded to become the fastest growing meat brand in the country. We are disrupting grocers from coast to coast with our premium unique meats and on a trajectory unheard of in our category. Our products are sold in the biggest grocers in the country including Kroger, Safeway, Target, and everyone in between. Think of us as the Sam Adams, Ben & Jerrys, Chobani, Krave Jerky, etc…of the meat department.
Essential job functions:
- Close the books monthly and prepare internal financial statements
- Analyze trade marketing programs and monitor reserve accruals
- Monitor A/P and A/R process
- Product cost analysis
- Annual Budget preparation
- Cash forecasting
- Preparation of Account Reconciliations
- Preparation of management reports and other ad hoc reporting
- Enhances, develops, implements and enforces accounting policies and internal controls
The ideal candidate profile we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Organized self-starter able to work with little supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Experience with accounting software and general business information systems (Microsoft Dynamics software experience a plus)
If you bring these skills to the table, and are interested in joining a highly engaged, rapid-speed team that doesn’t back down from any challenge – we want to hear from you! You will work daily with our founder to provide valuable financial insight to our key departments, and asked to speak up and press for positive change wherever you see opportunity or threat the business. There will be some travel involved in the job, but limited overnights away from our headquarters in the western suburbs of Minneapolis, MN.
In exchange, we’re going to give you an amazing run of experience that will push your skills to the limit and give you a seat at the table in a rapidly growing company. We’ll also pay you a fair wage and rock-solid benefits package that features a number of carnivore-loving perks.
To apply please share with us more about you and why you are interested in us! Contact: