|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
The Sales & Marketing Department at Nova-Tech Engineering has a newly created ScrumMaster opportunity available for the right individual, who will play a mission critical role within the department and overall organization. This ScrumMaster will initially be working with two teams of traveling account managers.
The ScrumMaster is a servant-leader for the Agile Team and is responsible for ensuring that Agile practices are understood and enacted. ScrumMasters do this by ensuring that the Team, Product Owners, and stakeholders adhere to Agile values, practices, and rules. The ScrumMaster coaches the Agile Team and those outside the team so everyone changes their interactions to maximize the product value created by the Team. Along with current ScrumMasters this position will work with cross-functional Development Teams and Product Owner to uphold Agile Principles and Values, the Agile Framework; and the NTE Vision, Purpose, and Values.
Through innovative process automation technology, Nova-Tech Engineering engineers and manufactures products providing solutions to over 400 commercial poultry hatcheries in 50 countries worldwide. Nova-Tech Engineering is a thriving organization experiencing continued growth in the agricultural industry, located on the MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN.
PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILTIES:
Scrum Master Serves the Development Team by:
- Coaching and protecting the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team
- Being a servant leader to the team members
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress
Scrum Master Serves the Product Owner by:
- Coaching the Product Owner on how to drive product thru the product vision, roadmap and release plans, and backlog items
- Helping the Product Owner and the Scrum Team generate clear and concise Product Backlog items
Scrum Master Serves the Organization by:
- Coaching the Stakeholders on how to drive product thru the product vision, roadmap and release plans, and backlog items.
- Communicating impediments to the Stakeholders
- Servant Leader – Must encourage independent thinking empowering self and the team to be in control of their work and how goals are accomplished.
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are understood and leveraged, able to be a voice of reason and influence, make the tough calls.
- Agile- Must be able to embrace new challenges and changing workplace demands.
- Situationally Aware – Must be quick to notice differences and issues as they arise and bring them to the team or elevate them to management. Must be aware of personal strengths and the strengths of the Product Owner and Team Members.
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams.
- Enthusiastic – Must look at the positive side of situations.
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team.
- Conflict resolution/coaching – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches.
- Trustworthy- Must seek to build and must maintain trust and be a confident. We keep our commitments.
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead an autonomous team to self-organization.
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to all employees.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but is a leadership position and does serve as a coach, servant leader, facilitator, and mentor for others within NTE.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and a minimum of five years of related coaching and development experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Preferred: ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) or other Agile framework Certification, if not currently held, expectation of completion within 6 months of employment.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to effectively respond to employees at all organizational levels. Strong self-motivation, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills required. Ability to model NTE’s core values as a representative of the company.3. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to communicate openly and concisely with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all organizational levels.
- REASONING ABILITY: Must be well organized with attention to detail. Ability to define issues, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ensures confidentiality with staff members.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft proficiency required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and requires the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets.
The Ideal Candidate will Align with Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position is a full-time, benefits eligible, opportunity compensated depending upon the individual’s experience and overall fit. NTE’s benefits package includes: competitive medical insurance, a company matching health savings account, vision and dental insurance options, company paid short and long term disability, 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages, and GENEROUS Paid Time Off benefits to include an additional 5 days of PTO during the annual company shut down period between Christmas and the New Year! Benefits begin your FIRST DAY of employment!
Strengths Based Culture:
We believe in the Gallup strengths based concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Angela Koosman | Human Resources