|Company: Farm Service Elevator||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
Farm Service Elevator has a full-time opportunity in the role of Scale Operator. An Affiliate of Life-Science Innovations, Farm Service Elevator processes 6.5 million bushels of corn to manufacture over 350,000 tons of poultry feed sold primarily to commercial farms and independent poultry growers throughout Minnesota.
The Scale Operator role is responsible for operating the scale in an accurate, efficient manner with superior customer service and managing the quality control of ingredients and finished feed.
- Under minimal supervision, is responsible for weighing and grading inbound and outbound trucks
- Provides a high level of customer service
- Responsible for ingredient bin management
- Obtains ingredient samples at the scale and retrieves finish feed samples from Mill
- Run NIR samples, complete full tracking of results and send to appropriate personnel
- Maintains cleanliness of the pits, checking cameras after trucks leave and ensuring they are cleared out and responsible for cleanup of spills throughout the feed mill grounds
- Assists and guides truckers with liquid and pneumatic drop off.
- Check Locks and Relock
- Helping truckers hook up & direct them where to go
- Check inventory levels
- Orientates new drivers with the feed mill processes and policies for unloading ingredients
- Manages and disposes feed samplings
- Select routes for ingredients and corn
- Responsible for SQF logs (Receiving)
- Enter ingredient loads
- Taking feed orders
- Placing feed orders for bin monitoring customers
The Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Customer Service orientation
- Strengths in organization, time management, problem solving, and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to interact with a variety of internal employees and external customers
- Confidence using Microsoft Office software including; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Grain or Agriculture industry knowledge preferred; willingness to complete grain grading training required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, occasional bending and lifting required as well as standing on feed for extended periods of time
- Associates degree in agriculture, business, or related field preferred. High school diploma/GED required
- One to two years’ work experience in an office setting and/or customer service preferred
- Valid MN driver’s license
Core working hours: 6:00am – 3:30 PM, Monday – Friday with flexibility, additional hours required during harvest season
Apply Online or to Further Inquire Contact:
Jeanna O’Neill | Human Resources