|Company: Select Genetics||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
Select Genetics, with corporate headquarters located in Willmar, MN, is seeking a Safety Manager.
We’re looking for a professional level safety and health practitioner with the ability to integrate safety and health functions into the business framework for a flagship organization, Select Genetics. This position will be responsible for collaboratively implementing and leading safety and environmental compliance initiatives to support nearly 1000 employees across our 8 operating locations in MN, MO, VA, OH, IA, NC, MI and IL.
This role will work in close collaboration with Select Genetics Leadership and front line labor to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements. The ideal candidate will be an individual who believes in, and demonstrates business practices that aligns with our company values. This position would require strong presentation and communication skills with employees of all levels and educational backgrounds. If you are interested in fast-paced and hands-on job, this might be the career opportunity for you!
The availability and accessibility to travel up to approximately 25% of the time across our 8 operating locations within the United States: MN, MO, VA, OH, IA, NC, MI and IL, is required.
The ideal candidate will have the following educational and experience background:
- A Bachelor’s level degree in Statistics, Business, Communications, Organizational Management, or equivalent is required
- Agricultural background preferred
- Safety program leadership experience preferred
- Experience with project or process management required
- Experience working with and communicating in a diverse workplace is preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Practical experience transitioning from Administrative functions to fieldwork responsibilities.
Select Genetics, LLC was recently created though the merger of AgForte/Willmar Poultry Company and Valley of the Moon Commercial Poults; two businesses that have been working together for more than 50 years. Our headquarters reside on the beautiful and historic MinnWest Technology Campus, with a mission to promote the advancement, nurture the environment and accommodate the functions of a thriving biosciences and technology community in the Greater Willmar Lakes Area.
Organizational Purpose & Core Values:
We lead the way in providing safe, affordable and quality solutions within the poultry industry.
- Stewardship: We work to build a better future for those that follow in our footsteps.
- Trustworthiness: We will be honest and do the right thing.
- Excellence: We will deliver extraordinary results that exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: We will utilize our unique strengths to maximize our collective success.
- Employee Well-Being: We will provide safety, stability and opportunity for our people.Please also include at least 2 reference letters along with a cover letter and resume.
- All applicants must include descriptions of safety initiatives and programs in which they have knowledge, been involved or had experience implementing and/or training.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
(320) 222-9810, firstname.lastname@example.org