|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
Nova-Tech Engineering, a worldwide leader in hatchery and agricultural automation solutions, has a full-time career opportunity available to join their Manufacturing Planning | Production Control team. Through innovative process automation technology, NTE engineers and manufactures products that benefit over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in 52 countries worldwide. We are a thriving organization with exciting continued growth in our industry!
The Planning | Production Control Role is responsible for driving the flow of work and materials within or between NTE departments to achieve delivery commitments of all NTE Leased Equipment demands and prototypes for engineering development. Nova-Tech Engineering is headquartered in Willmar, MN, on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, home to a variety of businesses creating a rich network of talent and industry expertise focused on agribusiness, bioscience, and technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and maintains ERP production data
- Creates and maintains production schedules for NTE Manufacturing and Prototype activities, while balancing demand of a rolling Sales and Marketing forecast
- Determines daily production schedules based on production demand, engineering plans, plant capacity, availability of parts, and manpower requirements. Readjusts schedules according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions. Coordinates with product owner to determine status of assigned projects.
- Requires ability to understand engineering documents and work closely with members of the engineering team to plan and deliver prototypes and production parts. Documents overall material needs, including purchased and manufactured information necessary to process prototype and production orders.
- Updates ERP system parameters for new items to ensure that procurement and planning requirements are accurately calculated
- Monitors materials inventories and analyzes data to maintain on safety stock levels and buffers (store sizes)
- Analyzes information and presents findings utilizing spreadsheets, charts, graphs and reports relating to inventory, fill rates and other critical manufacturing work flow business issues
- Works with Business Systems Team and other groups to solve problems and implement opportunities to improve Microsoft Dynamics AX processes
- Acts as liaison between Engineering, Sales and Marketing and Manufacturing team members
- Assists Inventory team and accounting in resolution of inventory and purchase order discrepancies
- Follows all NTE policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Will work overtime as requested by supervisor
- Recognize and complies with all safety rules
- Promotes continuous improvement culture
- Other duties as assigned
- The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate Profile We Are Seeking:
- Maintain expertise in MRP systems knowledge and recommend new procedures to enhance the performance of the planning and scheduling system experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX – preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing, master planning, inventory management, and transactional entries preferred
- Strong knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint, or equivalent software utilized for workflow management outside of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and documentation
- Ability to work directly with both internal organizations and suppliers
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Able to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
A Commitment and Alignment with Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals.
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
Strengths Based Culture:
In 2005, we began training managers on the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
We are proud to offer a generous benefits in addition to competitive compensation. Not only do we offer a full week of paid holiday ‘shutdown’ to celebrate the Christmas season and recharge for the New Year, we also offer 8 paid holidays, PTO, two healthcare plans to choose from, health savings accounts with company match options, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages.We welcome inquiries even if you are simply interested in exploring what it MIGHT be like to work at Nova-Tech Engineering located on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN. Please send us an email note or give us a call with your questions!
To Apply or Further Inquire:
Angela Koosman, Strategic HR Business Partner