|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time (First Shift)|
Nova-Tech Engineering has a full-time opportunity for a motivated Mechanical Engineer to join one of their product development teams. This cross-functional team of talent works to develop innovative, next generation performance improvement solutions for agricultural processes. The research process is moving rapidly into production stages, and is ready to hire a talented, hands-on engineer with robotics design expertise and a passion for the agricultural industry.
The Mechanical Engineer on this team will have tremendous opportunities to add immediate value to this team’s efforts, work on a variety of projects, and phases of production. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys small team collaboration and bringing creative ideas to life.
Nova-Tech Engineering was founded in 1992 and began as one person’s passion to benefit the agricultural industry. Through innovative process automation technology, the company engineers and manufactures products that serve over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in 56 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Willmar, MN, on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, Nova-Tech Engineering employs over 190 people, in a variety of roles and expertise. We hire technically passionate, positive, career minded individuals who align with our core organizational values.
Experience & Education Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Preferred Technical Skill Competencies we’re seeking:
- Experience and confidence with SolidWorks software or similar system
- Experience working on full life-cycle product design
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Previous experience working with a variety of materials such as aluminum and plastics
- Exposure or experience with robotics
- Experience working on continuous product/component improvement design projects
Additional Skills we’re seeking:
- Leadership: Has demonstrated ability to guide self through activities of the day, complete projects, and give constructive feedback to others.
- Problem Solving: Knows how to get to the bottom of problems, root cause, and resolve the issue at its core.
- Business Sense: Knows when activities are a “waste of time” for self or for others.
- Planning: Can plan and Execute tasks with minimal direction.
- Listening: Knows how to listen to feedback or direction, cut to the facts, extract key requirements, and align with good activities.
- Conflict Management
- Quality Orientation
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values: Must have a commitment and alignment with our core values.
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
Strengths Based Culture:
In 2005, we began training on the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
We are proud to offer a generous benefits in addition to competitive compensation. Not only do we offer 5 days of paid holiday ‘shutdown’ to celebrate the Christmas season and recharge for the New Year, we also offer 8 paid holidays, PTO, medical, health savings accounts with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Julie Daugherty, Engineering Employee Development Specialist
(320) 222-9692 | JulieD@nteglobal.com