|Company: Select Genetics||Wage: Negotiable||Hours: Full-Time|
Select Genetics is seeking a full-time, experienced lead Maintenance Technician for a new poult hatching facility scheduled to begin operations in 2018. This role is anticipated to begin employment in January, 2018.
Select Genetics is the leading supplier of quality turkey poults, with a mission to deliver the highest quality poult at the greatest value to integrated food marketing companies, our commercial production farms, and independent turkey growers.
This role will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the facilities and robotic equipment utilized in the poult hatching process, with some supervisory level of responsibility.
- 2 years Supervisory or Lead Technician experience
- 4 years experience in a Maintenance role
- Skilled level knowledge of machinery and the diagnostic acumen to repair broken machinery.
- Skilled to work with a variety of tools and equipment including, but not limited to a fork lift, welding equipment, electric drill, electric meter, wrenches and screw drivers.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with HVAC Systems, boiler equipment, or other mechanical systems is preferred.
- A valid state driver’s license is required.
- Ability to follow and adhere to the management all of company’s policies and regulations for bio security, animal welfare and safety.
- No minimum educational requirement is required, but some college level technical related degree is preferred.
- Must have good hand eye coordination.
- Must be in good physical condition as this role is expected to be moving constantly and have to occasionally lift heavy objects and maneuver heavy machinery up to 60 lbs.
- The work environment includes exposure to dust and certain chemicals and fumes as well as extreme weather conditions and live animals.
Compensation DOQ + Benefit Eligible
This position qualifies for a full company benefits package to include:
- Medical Insurance (Affordable rates!) + Call a Doc optional benefit
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with up to $500 company contribution
- 401(K) retirement plan with immediate 100% company match up to 4%
- Company Paid Life Insurance = to 1X salary
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Organizational Purpose & Core Values:
We lead the way in providing safe, affordable and quality solutions within the poultry industry.
- Stewardship: We work to build a better future for those that follow in our footsteps.
- Trustworthiness: We will be honest and do the right thing.
- Excellence: We will deliver extraordinary results that exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: We will utilize our unique strengths to maximize our collective success.
- Employee Well-Being: We will provide safety, stability and opportunity for our people.
Apply Online or Send a Resume/Cover Letter to:
HR/Talent Acquisition | Select Genetics