|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
JOB OBJECTIVE STATEMENT
The primary objective of the Inventory Clerk is to provide materials to designated locations as scheduled and/or requested through the Inventory Supervisor. A second objective is to ensure NTE’s inventory is highly accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive shipments from suppliers. Unpack, ensure shipment matches purchase order and log into the NTE inventory computer system.
- Places materials in appropriate locations (Stock Shelves, Lifts, etc)
- Create kits for production orders
- Replenish Kan-Ban Bins
- Fills Parts Requests orders
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, and type, of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Creates and posts movement and transfer journals (ex: for Kan Bans, Parts Requests)
- Assist with periodic Inventory Cycle Counting (to ensure accuracy of the inventory)
- Notify Inventory Supervisor of discovered inaccuracies
- Follow all NTE policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Work overtime as requested by supervisor
- Recognize and comply with all safety rules. Hearing and Eye protection will be worn when required.
- Promote continual improvement culture
- Other duties as assigned
- The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.
- Maintain a high level of physical energy during the work day as the tasks of moving materials from location to location demand this
- A high level of skill for attention to details is a must since the production scheduling process is highly dependent on the accuracy of inventory.
- Reading and logistical skills must be strong.
- Will be required to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends during periodic inventory counting activities.
- Proactive communication skills and follow through on assignments
- Demonstrate basic PC skills (ex: e-mail, Inventory Management System)
- Works closely with the following NTE teams:
- Machine Shop, multiple shifts
- Fabrication shop
- Assembly and Final Assembly
- Prototype Group
- Shipping Receiving
- The position is located in a manufacturing environment and involves moderate lifting, bending, walking, use of hands, standing, climbing of stairs and ladders, and computer skills.
- Standard office, machine shop, welding and electro mechanical assembly environment
- Visual acuity required to see very small parts
- Computer work in an office environment
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 25-50 pounds