|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
We are currently looking at adding two inventory clerks to our growing team!!!
Nova-Tech Engineering was founded in 1992 and began as one person’s passion to benefit the agricultural industry. Through innovative process automation technology, the company engineers and manufactures products that serve over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in 52 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Willmar, MN, on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, Nova-Tech Engineering employs over 170 people, in a variety of roles and expertise.
JOB OBJECTIVE STATEMENT
The primary objective of the Inventory Clerk is to provide materials to designated locations as scheduled and/or requested through the Inventory Supervisor. A second objective is to ensure NTE’s inventory is highly accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive shipments from suppliers. Unpack, ensure shipment matches purchase order and log into the NTE inventory computer system.
- Places materials in appropriate locations (Stock Shelves, Lifts, etc)
- Create kits for production orders
- Replenish Kan-Ban Bins
- Fills Parts Requests orders
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, and type, of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Creates and posts movement and transfer journals (ex: for Kan Bans, Parts Requests)
- Assist with periodic Inventory Cycle Counting (to ensure accuracy of the inventory)
- Notify Inventory Supervisor of discovered inaccuracies
- Follow all NTE policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Work overtime as requested by supervisor
- Recognize and comply with all safety rules. Hearing and Eye protection will be worn when required.
- Promote continual improvement culture
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a high level of physical energy during the work day as the tasks of moving materials from location to location demand this
- A high level of skill for attention to details is a must since the production scheduling process is highly dependent on the accuracy of inventory.
- Reading and logistical skills must be strong.
- Will be required to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends during periodic inventory counting activities.
- Proactive communication skills and follow through on assignments
- Demonstrate basic PC skills (ex: e-mail, Inventory Management System)
- Works closely with the following NTE teams:
- Machine Shop, multiple shifts
- Fabrication shop
- Assembly and Final Assembly
- Prototype Group
- Shipping Receiving
- The position is located in a manufacturing environment and involves moderate lifting, bending, walking, use of hands, standing, climbing of stairs and ladders, and computer skills.
- Standard office, machine shop, welding and electro mechanical assembly environment
- Visual acuity required to see very small parts
- Computer work in an office environment
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 25-50 pounds
A Commitment and Alignment with Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals.
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
Strengths Based Culture:
In 2005, we began training managers on the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
We are proud to offer a generous benefits in addition to competitive compensation. Not only do we offer a full week of paid holiday ‘shutdown’ to celebrate the Christmas season and recharge for the New Year, we also offer 8 paid holidays, PTO, two healthcare plans to choose from, health savings accounts with company match options, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages.
To Apply or Further Inquire:
We welcome inquiries even if you are simply interested in exploring what it MIGHT be like to work at Nova-Tech Engineering located on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN. Please send us an email note or give us a call with your questions!
Angela Koosman, Strategic HR Business Partner