|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
Nova-Tech Engineering , a worldwide leader in hatchery and agricultural automation solutions located on the MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN, has a full-time employment opportunities available to join their Manufacturing Team in the role of Inventory Clerk . Nova-Tech is a thriving organization with a unique culture and fantastic environment to work in. We will require that you demonstrate a great attitude, work ethic, commitment to quality, and align with our core company values.
JOB OBJECTIVE STATEMENT
The primary objective of the Inventory Clerk is to provide materials to designated locations as scheduled and/or requested through the Inventory Supervisor. A second objective is to ensure NTE’s inventory is highly accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive shipments from suppliers. Unpack, ensure shipment matches purchase order and log into the NTE inventory computer system.
- Places materials in appropriate locations (Stock Shelves, Lifts, etc)
- Create kits for production orders
- Replenish Kan-Ban Bins
- Fills Parts Requests orders
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, and type, of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Creates and posts movement and transfer journals (ex: for Kan Bans, Parts Requests)
- Assist with periodic Inventory Cycle Counting (to ensure accuracy of the inventory)
- Notify Inventory Supervisor of discovered inaccuracies
- Follow all NTE policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Work overtime as requested by supervisor
- Recognize and comply with all safety rules. Hearing and Eye protection will be worn when required.
- Promote continual improvement culture
- Other duties as assigned
- The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.
- Maintain a high level of physical energy during the work day as the tasks of moving materials from location to location demand this
- A high level of skill for attention to details is a must since the production scheduling process is highly dependent on the accuracy of inventory.
- Reading and logistical skills must be strong.
- Will be required to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends during periodic inventory counting activities.
- Proactive communication skills and follow through on assignments
- Demonstrate basic PC skills (ex: e-mail, Inventory Management System)
- Works closely with the following NTE teams:
- Machine Shop, multiple shifts
- Fabrication shop
- Assembly and Final Assembly
- Prototype Group
- Shipping Receiving
- The position is located in a manufacturing environment and involves moderate lifting, bending, walking, use of hands, standing, climbing of stairs and ladders, and computer skills.
- Standard office, machine shop, welding and electro mechanical assembly environment
- Visual acuity required to see very small parts
- Computer work in an office environment
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 25-50 pounds
The Company Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.