|Company: Select Genetics||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
Select Genetics is the world’s largest supplier of quality turkey poults, and an industry leader in poultry genetics and agricultural innovation. We use our expertise in these areas to provide the highest quality eggs and poults (baby turkeys) at the greatest value to integrated food marketing companies, our own commercial production farms and independent turkey growers.
This role will be responsible for the hatching and delivery of day old poults at our hatchery operations located in Willmar, MN. In this challenging role, you are responsible for ensuring this hatchery operates within budget, meets a high level of biosecurity and animal welfare standards, while optimizing the output and quality of our poults through your leadership of people and efficient and effective processes.
The Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Experience building and managing a team of highly engaged employees is critical to the success of this role.
- Demonstrates experience and ability to solve problems and manage change.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates confidence utilizing Microsoft Office software programs.
- Formulating operational budgets experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with HVAC Systems, boiler equipment, or other mechanical systems is ideal.
- Given the responsibilities within this production environment, the ideal candidate will reside in or near Willmar, MN
- A Bachelor’s degree is ideal, however, a solid history of work experience and success leading an engaged team is encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in an agricultural industry and/or live production environment is highly preferred.
- A valid state driver’s license is required.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Develop and implement policies and practices for operation of hatchery to ensure attainment of goals, quality poults, and profitable operation.
- Direct and coordinate hatchery activities such as hatching of eggs, sorting, vaccinating and shipping of poults, and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Plan hatching schedules for variety of poults considering such factors as customer orders, hatchery facilities and equipment.
- Maintain/create and interpret hatchery records on biological performance, costs, and bio-security.
- Hiring, training, evaluation and discipline of hatchery employees and teams.
- Arrange for purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Produce reports on hatchery activities such as poult production and reports required by regulatory bodies.
Compensation DOQ + Benefit Eligible
This position qualifies for a full company benefits package to include:
- Medical Insurance (Affordable rates!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with up to $500 company contribution
- 401(K) retirement plan with immediate 100% company match up to 4%
- Company Paid Life Insurance = to 1X salary
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Organizational Purpose & Core Values:
We lead the way in providing safe, affordable and quality solutions within the poultry industry.
- Stewardship: We work to build a better future for those that follow in our footsteps.
- Trustworthiness: We will be honest and do the right thing.
- Excellence: We will deliver extraordinary results that exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: We will utilize our unique strengths to maximize our collective success.
- Employee Well-Being: We will provide safety, stability and opportunity for our people
Apply Online or Send a Resume/Cover Letter to:
HR/Talent Acquisition | Select Genetics