|Company: Select Genetics||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
Select Genetics is the world’s largest supplier of quality turkey poults, and an industry leader in poultry genetics and agricultural innovation. We use our expertise in these areas to provide the highest quality eggs and poults (baby turkeys) at the greatest value to integrated food marketing companies, our own commercial production farms and independent turkey growers.
This role will be responsible for planning and overseeing the work of the maintenance staff to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility. In addition, the maintenance supervisor will be responsible for training and developing employees and the overall maintenance of the facilities and robotic equipment utilized in the poult hatching process.
The Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Experience building and managing a team of highly engaged employees
- Demonstrates experience and ability to solve problems and manage change
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience with HVAC Systems, boiler equipment, or other mechanical systems is ideal
- Given the responsibilities within this production environment, the ideal candidate will reside in or near Willmar, MN
- Experience working in an agricultural industry and/or live production environment is highly preferred.
- A valid state driver’s license is required
Summary of Primary Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations, as well as bio-security guidelines
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program
- This will include testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Training and developing maintenance staff This is a salaried position and qualifies for a full company benefits package to include:
Compensation DOQ + Benefit Eligible
- Medical Insurance (Affordable rates!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- 401(K) retirement plan with immediate 100% company match up to 4%
- Company Paid Life Insurance = to 1X salary
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Company paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Organizational Purpose & Core Values:
We lead the way in providing safe, affordable and quality solutions within the poultry industry.
- Stewardship: We work to build a better future for those that follow in our footsteps.
- Trustworthiness: We will be honest and do the right thing.
- Excellence: We will deliver extraordinary results that exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: We will utilize our unique strengths to maximize our collective success.
- Employee Well-Being: We will provide safety, stability and opportunity for our people
To apply or further inquire, contact:
Jami Halliday | HR Recruiter