|Company: Select Genetics||Wage: Salaried||Hours: Full-Time|
Select Genetics is seeking a full-time Assistant Hatchery Manager for our new facility scheduled to open in 2018, located in Terry Haute, IN.
Select Genetics is the leading supplier of quality turkey poults, service, and innovation, representing more than 70 years of industry leadership in poultry genetics, biotechnology, agriculture, and engineering. The Assistant Hatchery Manager provides supervision and management support for the hatchery function. Select Genetics has operations in eight US States.
This role will be responsible for supporting hatchery operations while optimizing quality output through the efficient supervision of employees and processes in the overall production and delivery of day old poults under the direction of the Hatchery Manager.
The Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Past experience supervising employees with a high level of energy and positive influence to promote an engaged team.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills; both written and verbal in English.
- Demonstrates confidence utilizing Microsoft Office software programs.
- An Associate level degree is ideal, however, a solid history of work experience and success leading an engaged team is encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and organizational skills, and gives attention to detail.
- Experience working in an agricultural industry and/or live production environment is highly preferred.
- Any experience with HVAC Systems, boiler equipment, or other mechanical systems is preferred but not required.
- Given the responsibilities within this production environment, the ideal candidate will reside in or near Terra Haute, IN.
- A valid state driver’s license is required.
- Availability to work extended workdays during the week and some weekends.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Schedules and helps direct and coordinate hatchery activities such as hatching of eggs, sorting, vaccinating and shipping of poults, and maintenance of facilities and
- Supports and enforces hatchery policies and practices that ensure attainment of goals.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service with delivery of consistent high quality poults to customers.
- Carries out all directives in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws, including scheduling, assigning and directing work.
- Creating a strong team environment is crucial in this role.
Compensation DOQ + Benefit Eligible
This position qualifies for a full company benefits package to include:
- Medical Insurance (Affordable rates!) + Call a Doc optional benefit
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with up to $500 company contribution
- 401(K) retirement plan with immediate 100% company match up to 4%
- Company Paid Life Insurance = to 1X salary
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Organizational Purpose & Core Values:
We lead the way in providing safe, affordable and quality solutions within the poultry industry.
- Stewardship: We work to build a better future for those that follow in our footsteps.
- Trustworthiness: We will be honest and do the right thing.
- Excellence: We will deliver extraordinary results that exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: We will utilize our unique strengths to maximize our collective success.
- Employee Well-Being: We will provide safety, stability and opportunity for our people
Apply Online or Send a Resume/Cover Letter to:
HR/Talent Acquisition | Select Genetics
**If you have specific questions about this position before you decide to take the time to apply, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org**