|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly DOQ||Hours: Full-Time|
Nova-Tech Engineering has two full-time opportunities in our engineering department for electro-mechanical technicians. We are seeking talented people that enjoy thinking outside of the box, collaborating with a cross functional team, and are driven by change and new challenges. This position will create, set-up, test, create reports, troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild electrical and mechanical components for all of our equipment. They will work collaboratively with our engineering, research, and manufacturing teams.
Through innovative process automation technology, Nova-Tech Engineering engineers and manufactures automated robotics systems that serve the agricultural industry around the globe. Our headquarters is located on the beautiful and historic MinnWest Technology campus in Willmar, MN. We hire technically passionate career minded individuals to add value to our organization and align with our values!
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge with mechanical and electronics fundamentals, troubleshooting, and repair. Fundamentals we are looking for are: an understanding of electronics like resistance, capacitance, TTL Logic, Multimeters, Oscilloscope Operation; ability to read Electrical Schematics, ability to read blue prints, ability to write reports and procedures, mechanical aptitude and experience with tools and shop equipment.
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
- Prepares specifications and reports for fabrication, assembly, and installation of apparatus and control instrumentation used to test experimental or prototype mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, or structural products, conducts tests and records results, utilizing engineering principles and test technology.
- Confers with engineering and manufacturing teams to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans, such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
- Fabricates precision parts for test apparatus or interprets specifications for workers fabricating parts.
- Examines parts for conformance with dimensional specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Activates controls to subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
- Monitors controls and instruments and records test date for engineer’s use.
- Willing to bring forth and recommend changes in test methods or equipment for engineering review.
- Adheres to system test standards guidelines, and practices.
- Collaborates with team and works in Agile Scrum Framework.
- Assists with Lab construction, maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Able and willing to work with animals.
The Ideal Candidate Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated and driven individual who is willing to do whatever is required to keep the project moving forward and help their team.
- Understanding of fluid and pneumatic fundamentals, industrial controller fundamentals, and engineering drafting.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital electronics and embedded software.
- Familiarity with basic machine shop practices, skills and the ability to use measuring equipment and common hand | power tools.
- Knowledge of various MS Office applications such as: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Technical writing expiernece preferred.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to lift | carry up to 50 pounds
- Conduct all business matters in a professional and ethical manner, exhibiting sound judgement, collaboration, and dedication to handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to put in overtime and work an extended day as necessary.
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering
Nova-Tech Engineering currently offers a benefits package consisting of: medical insurance, paid holidays, PTO, health savings account with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages. Benefit start DAY ONE! We also compensate full-time employees an additional 5 days of PTO during the Christmas and New Year holiday season.
Strengths Based Culture:
We believe in the Gallup strengths based concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Melissa Sorenson, Talent Acquisition