|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Negotiable||Hours: Full-Time|
Nova-Tech Engineering is seeking an employee development specialist to join their Manufacturing Team!
Nova-Tech Engineering was founded in 1992 and began as one person’s passion to benefit the agricultural industry. Through innovative process automation technology, the company engineers and manufactures products that serve over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in 52 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Willmar, MN, on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, Nova-Tech Engineering employs over 180 people, in a variety of roles and expertise.
The objective of the Employee Development Specialist is to assist employees in career development initiatives and work with teams to identify growth areas. This position leverages the experiences and education of the individual in the areas of Human Resources, Employee Development, Coaching, with a focus on helping the individual achieve their potential. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of a personal or confidential nature, including private information about individuals that is disclosed through the process of problem solving work related issues, and would also include wages and benefits that the employee has or has not elected to retain. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. This position should be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential duties & Responsibilities
- Models NTE’s Corporate Values and establishes mission, goals and values of this position that are aligned with NTE Corporate Vision and Values
- Administer and provide Peer Feedback on a regular basis including creation of new feedback mechanisms, delivery of feedback, and follow up.
- Administer policies in the workplace. Participate in creation of new policies.
- Promote NTE Culture
- Work with staff and administration in regards to safety issues in the workplace.
- Responsible for weekly time approvals including PTO approvals, any timecard discrepancies and any other type of employee leave.
- Contact point for weekly hour tracking for project costing. Coordinate with PO/SMs.
- One on Ones as requested or needed for all department staff.
- Responsible for working with staff on Development issues. Help staff with Development goals.
- Participate in staffing and recruitment efforts. Take lead in working with LSI HR and Benefits groups.
- Be responsible for onboarding employees and helping them assimilate into NTE Culture, including orientation.
- Help drive encouragement and recognition efforts.
- Have an open door for employees, be available to field complaints and answer questions.
- Primary contact for Expense Report approval and submission.
- Primary contact for Training Budget. Responsible for maintaining a current Training Budget.
- Communicate with manufacturing leadership team about employee issues/desires and progress on improvement efforts.
- Primary contact for work related injuries.
- Responsible for distribution of weekly paychecks, insurance information, expense checks.
- Other duties as assigned
- The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.
- Leadership: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; advocates new ideas, even when risk is involved; sets an example for coworkers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions; takes personal accountability for decisions.
- Problem Solving: Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focuses on process rather than isolated events; obtains multiple assessments of a situation and identifies trouble spots; evaluates alternative solutions. Work requires a high level of judgment, analytic ability and creativity, such as investigating moderately complex problems or situation, analyzing information and recommending solutions.
- Decision Making: Able to take timely action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to consider options and uses reason and analysis to pick best solution.
- Results Orientation: Able to manage progress toward operational effectiveness; can implement preventative measures and establish clear accountability for action; confronts problems head on and takes decisive action.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; adapts to varying customer needs and manages transitions effectively.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with customers or clients; listens well
- Develop Others: Able to appraise the strengths and weaknesses of subordinates in order to maximize chance of success; conducts effective performance reviews and coaching sessions with proper documentation, conflict resolution, productivity improvements, workmanship improvement and safety issues; formulates a development / improvement action plan and creates a learning climate; empowers others to take action
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs
- Team Work: Able to share credit with coworkers; displays enthusiasm and promote a friendly work environment; works closely with other departments, as necessary; supports group decisions; displays team spirit
- Knowledge: The Employee Development Specialist must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures including:
- Nova Tech Engineering Policies & Procedure
- Servant Leadership
- Employee Development Guidelines
- Developing && Maintaining budgets and expenditures
- Basic HR law & guidelines re: staffing, harassment, work place professionalism
- Agile Framework/Scrum
- FLSA Law
- Receives general direction established by Manufacturing Primary Product Owner and Strategic Human Resources Business Partner.
- Works mainly NTE manufacturing areas, but works with all NTE teams
- Office time working with employees, time on floor observing relationships and meeting with staff
- Includes a moderate to high level of pressure and stress – may get involved with confidential employee issues of varying levels of intensity and time requirements
- A moderate to high level of meeting attendance is required to collaborate and communicate on plans and problem solving with employees and management staff
- Very occasional lifting and carrying of 10 – 20 pounds
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering
Schedule and Compensation Package:
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
Nova-Tech Engineering currently offers a benefits package consisting of: medical insurance, paid holidays, PTO, health savings account with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages starting DAY ONE! We also compensate full-time employees an additional 5 days of PTO during the Christmas and New Year holiday season.
Strengths Based Culture:
We believe in the Gallup strengths based concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Angela Koosman, Strategic HR Business Partner