|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Negotiable||Hours: Full-Time (First Shift)|
Nova-Tech Engineering is looking for a Drafter | Designer (CAD) to help develop leading edge equipment. The core responsibilities of the position include generating print layouts, completing equipment assembly drawings, assisting in the completion of specifications, bills of materials, working closely with Product Engineers, and assuring part and product manufacturability.
Nova-Tech Engineering was founded in 1992 and began as one person’s passion to benefit the agricultural industry. Through innovative process automation technology, the company engineers and manufactures products that serve over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in 56 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Willmar, MN, on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, Nova-Tech Engineering employs over 190 people, in a variety of roles and expertise. We hire technically passionate, positive, career minded individuals who align with our core organizational values.
Experience & Education Required:
- 2 year Associate level/Technical degree in Drafting/Design
- Experience using Solid Works design software is ideal; will consider competency using other industry design tools
Preferred Technical Skill Competencies we’re seeking:
- Design Standards Experience
- 5 years Experience with Mechanical Systems Design
- Familiar with Solid Works – Lots of Experience would be a plus.
- Specification Development
- Print and Drawing Checking Prior to CNC Programming Step
- Bills of Materials
- Assuring Part and Product Manufacturability
Additional Skills we’re seeking:
- Leadership: Has demonstrated ability to guide self through activities of the day, complete projects, and give constructive feedback to others.
- Problem Solving: Knows how to get to the bottom of problems, root cause, and resolve the issue at its core.
- Business Sense: Knows when activities are a “waste of time” for self or for others.
- Planning: Can plan and Execute tasks with minimal direction.
- Listening: Knows how to listen to feedback or direction, cut to the facts, extract key requirements, and align with good activities.
- Conflict Management
- Quality Orientation
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values: Must have a commitment and alignment with our core values.
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
Strengths Based Culture:
In 2005, we began training managers on the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
We are proud to offer a generous benefits in addition to competitive compensation. Not only do we offer 5 days of paid holiday ‘shutdown’ to celebrate the Christmas season and recharge for the New Year, we also offer 8 paid holidays, PTO, medical, health savings accounts with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Julie Daugherty, Engineering Employee Development Specialist
(320) 222-9692 | JulieD@nteglobal.com