|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly DOQ||Hours: Full-Time (Second Shift)|
Nova-Tech Engineering, a worldwide leader in hatchery and agricultural automation solutions located on the MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN, has full-time employment opportunities available to join their Manufacturing Team in the role of CNC Machinist on the 2nd Shift. Nova-Tech is a thriving organization with a unique culture and fantastic environment to work in. This shift runs from 1:30PM – 12:00AM, Monday – Thursday (no weekends). This role is responsible for setup, prove out and running production parts in a repetitive batch environment on CNC lathes and multi axis mills such as Okuma, Fadal, Toyoda Bridgeport etc. Machinists are a key member of a team striving to continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity.
Core Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Set up and run horizontal or vertical CNC machines and/or CNC Lathes
• Prepare jobs in the machine tools so that machine operators can run batches in an efficient manner
• Ability to determine best inspection process and uses measuring devices and blueprints to inspect parts for quality. Responsible for adherence to 1st Articles and Quality Inspection Plans.
• Ability to machine prototype parts with minimum supervision and without formal prints
• Ability to create and troubleshoot CNC programs on machine controls for prototype parts
• Verifies operations to be performed and material to be used on each job as directed by the production order or area Leader
• Ability to select and set up tooling for a new job and trouble shoot tooling issues on existing jobs
• Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to set up and operate manual and CNC multi axis machine tools
• Ability to edit part programs
• Able to read, understand, and analyze Engineering drawings
• Ability to use precision measuring tools / instruments
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to operate a computer for logging time, data collection and pulling procedures
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact: