|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time (Second Shift)|
Nova-Tech Engineering, a worldwide leader in hatchery and agricultural automation solutions located on the MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN, has full-time employment opportunities available to join their Manufacturing Team in the role of CNC Machinist on the 2nd Shift. Nova-Tech is a thriving organization with a unique culture and fantastic environment to work in. This shift runs from 2:00PM – 2:00AM, Monday – Wednesday and 2:00 PM- midnight Thursday (no weekends). This role is responsible for setup, prove out and running production parts in a repetitive batch environment on CNC lathes and multi axis mills such as Okuma, Fadal, Toyoda Bridgeport etc. Machinists are a key member of a team striving to continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity.
Core Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Set up and run horizontal or vertical CNC machines and/or CNC Lathes
• Prepare jobs in the machine tools so that machine operators can run batches in an efficient manner
• Ability to determine best inspection process and uses measuring devices and blueprints to inspect parts for quality. Responsible for adherence to 1st Articles and Quality Inspection Plans.
• Ability to machine prototype parts with minimum supervision and without formal prints
• Ability to create and troubleshoot CNC programs on machine controls for prototype parts
• Verifies operations to be performed and material to be used on each job as directed by the production order or area Leader
• Ability to select and set up tooling for a new job and trouble shoot tooling issues on existing jobs
• Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to set up and operate manual and CNC multi axis machine tools
• Ability to edit part programs
• Able to read, understand, and analyze Engineering drawings
• Ability to use precision measuring tools / instruments
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to operate a computer for logging time, data collection and pulling procedures
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
An Alignment with Nova-Tech Engineering’s Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the purpose, vision, and values of Nova-Tech Engineering
Strengths Based Culture:
In 2005, we began training managers on the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
We are proud to offer a generous benefits in addition to competitive compensation. Not only do we offer a full week of paid holiday ‘shutdown’ to celebrate the Christmas season and recharge for the New Year, we also offer 8 paid holidays, PTO, two healthcare plans to choose from, health savings accounts with company match options, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages.
To Apply or Further Inquire:
We welcome inquiries even if you are simply interested in exploring what it MIGHT be like to work at Nova-Tech Engineering located on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN. Please send us an email note or give us a call with your questions!
Melissa Sorenson | Talent Acquisition