|Company: Epitopix||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time|
The R & D division of Epitopix,, specializing in animal vaccine development in the poultry, dairy, and swine industries, is seeking a full-time Animal Research Facilities Intern. This opportunity will primarily focus on animal husbandry and general maintenance of the research facility, located in the Western Willmar, MN area.
Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- General grounds care in and around the facility: lawn care (mowing, spraying weeds)
- Feeding, watering, bedding changes, washing cages for research animals
- Housekeeping responsibilities such as mopping floors and laundry
- Grounds work such as painting, gathering shavings, hay, and straw for animal bedding
- Additional experience may involve animal vaccinations, monitoring, and hands on managing animals during the research process.
Ideal Candidate – Who Should Apply:
- We are ideally seeking a motivated individual with an interest in the animal sciences. This is an entry level opportunity that will provide experience and exposure to our specific industry.
- An individual must be willing to work with, care for, and handle animals for research purposes
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude is a must
- Some experience with general grounds keeping or facilities maintenance is a huge plus
- Epitopix is committed to workplace safety. Work is performed both indoors and outside, year round, requiring exposure to varying weather and terrain.
- Possible exposure to dirt, dust, unpleasant odors, and loud noise.
- Possible exposure to infectious organisms, allergens, chemicals and materials requiring adherence to OSHA regulations.
Compensation & Schedule:
- This opportunity is a full-time, paid temporary position to begin on a mutually agreed upon date and is flexible to go through the end of the summer of 2017 and continue as a part-time, long term position thereafter
- Core working hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM plus every other Saturday and Sunday approximately 4 hours each day for feeding and miscellaneous chores.
Apply Online below or Send Inquiries to:
Michelle Falling | HR Recruiting Specialist