|Company: Nova-Tech Engineering||Wage: Hourly||Hours: Full-Time (Second Shift)|
Nova-Tech Engineering, a worldwide leader in hatchery and agricultural automation solutions located on the MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN, has full-time employment opportunities available to join their Manufacturing Team in the role of CNC Machinist on the 2nd Shift. Nova-Tech is a thriving organization with a unique culture and fantastic environment to work in. This shift runs from 2:00PM – 2:00AM, Monday – Wednesday and 2:00 PM- midnight Thursday (no weekends). This role is responsible for setup, prove out and running production parts in a repetitive batch environment on CNC lathes and multi axis mills such as Okuma, Fadal, Toyoda Bridgeport etc. Machinists are a key member of a team striving to continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity.
Core Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Set up and run horizontal or vertical CNC machines and/or CNC Lathes
• Prepare jobs in the machine tools so that machine operators can run batches in an efficient manner
• Ability to determine best inspection process and uses measuring devices and blueprints to inspect parts for quality. Responsible for adherence to 1st Articles and Quality Inspection Plans.
• Ability to machine prototype parts with minimum supervision and without formal prints
• Ability to create and troubleshoot CNC programs on machine controls for prototype parts
• Verifies operations to be performed and material to be used on each job as directed by the production order or area Leader
• Ability to select and set up tooling for a new job and trouble shoot tooling issues on existing jobs
• Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to set up and operate manual and CNC multi axis machine tools
• Ability to edit part programs
• Able to read, understand, and analyze Engineering drawings
• Ability to use precision measuring tools / instruments
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to operate a computer for logging time, data collection and pulling procedures
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
An Alignment with Nova-Tech Engineering’s Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the purpose, vision, and values of Nova-Tech Engineering
Nova-Tech Engineering currently offers a benefits package consisting of: medical insurance, paid holidays, PTO, health savings account with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages starting DAY ONE! We also compensate full-time employees an additional 5 days of PTO during the Christmas and New Year holiday season.
Strengths Based Culture:
We believe in the Gallup strengths based concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Angela Koosman, Strategic HR Business Partner