Nova-Tech Engineering currently has Co-Op opportunities available beginning Spring/Summer of 2019 through Winter of 2019 for students pursuing Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degrees to join our team. (We have one slot available for each discipline, for a total of two openings). Ideally we are looking for students who are available to gain valuable experiences with us for a period of six-nine months.
Nova-Tech Engineering was founded in 1992 and began as one person’s passion to benefit the agricultural industry. Through innovative process automation technology, the company engineers and manufactures products that serve over 500 commercial poultry hatcheries in over 56 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Willmar, MN, on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus, Nova-Tech Engineering employs over 190 people, including mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, and agricultural engineering specialists. Our engineers are exposed to a variety projects and work in small teams in a collaborative environment.
Learning Experience Objectives:
- Build successful working relationships with members of a cross-functional team
- Identify areas for professional development outside of core engineering curriculum
- Develop a general understanding of the various roles, processes, and procedures that support product development within an Engineering Group
- With direction from the Supervising Engineer, learn how to prioritize many competing tasks and project responsibilities to meet objectives on-time
- Develop understanding of specific areas of skill and disciplines of interest within Engineering
- Learn how to use an Engineering Change Management process to document designs and changes to designs, allowing parts to be built
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes, and services
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering
Julie Daugherty| Employee Development Specialist | Co-Op Coordinator