Nova-Tech Engineering, a leader in hatchery automation solutions, is looking for a Research Assistant to help develop leading edge technology.
The individual fulfilling this full-time opportunity is responsible for performing molecular biology research, utilizing a variety of experimental assays and laboratory techniques. Individual will prioritize tasks, execute experiments and work with a team, providing and presenting results routinely to colleagues. The candidate is expected to rapidly acquire new skills and techniques to apply to current assignments and transfer knowledge by training other team members.
- 1-2+ years of experience conducting research in a molecular biology, biotechnology, immunology-focused laboratory
- BS or BA Degree or Diploma in Biological Sciences or similar BS or BA Degree or Diploma in Biological or Animal Sciences or Veterinary Technology Degree
Technical Skills & Qualities REQUIRED:
- Ability to calculate, measure and dispense liquids and solids using a pipet and balance
- Ability to calculate chemical formulations using molarity and/or concentrations of multiple reagents
- Familiarity with general laboratory techniques such as pipetting, plating bacterial cultures, serial dilutions, aseptic technique and proper decontamination procedures
- Experience with molecular biology lab techniques
- Experience with extraction of DNA and RNA from prokaryotic and eukaryotic tissue
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, the handling of research animals
- Enthusiasm for researching new solutions and solving problems in a timely and collaborative manner
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with an ability to analyze technical issues and provide effective solutions
- Capable of multitasking on multiple projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain laboratory notebooks and associated scientific data
- Ability to independently generate and present written and oral technical progress reports
Technical Skills & Experience PREFERRED:
- Experience with polymerase chain reaction (PCR/qPCR) and/or isothermal amplification techniques
- Ability to work with live animals and perform necropsies as needed to monitor research Experience with lab-on-a-chip techniques or sub-microliter fluid transfer and dispensing methods a bonus.
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
- Servant Leadership: We actively steward the Purpose, Vision, and Values of Nova-Tech Engineering.
Strengths Based Culture:
In 2005, we began training managers on the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
We are proud to offer a generous benefits in addition to competitive compensation. Not only do we offer 5 days of paid holiday ‘shutdown’ to celebrate the Christmas season and recharge for the New Year, we also offer 8 paid holidays, PTO, medical, health savings accounts with company match options, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Angela Koosman, Strategic HR Business Partner