Select Genetics, with corporate headquarters located in Willmar, MN, is seeking a Human Resources Manager.
We’re looking for a seasoned HR professional with an exceptional ability to build relationships at all organizational levels to manage all human resources activities for a flagship organization, Select Genetics. This position will be responsible for collaboratively leading HR services to support nearly 1000 employees across our 8 operating locations in MN, MO, VA, OH, IA, NC, MI and IL.
A solid foundation has already been laid to support the development of strong teams and a unique company culture within Select Genetics. This role will work in close collaboration with the HR Director, HR team, and Select Genetics leadership to build on that foundation by delivering high caliber HR services both personally and through regional HR colleagues. The ideal candidate will be an individual who believes in, and demonstrates business practices that aligns with our company values. We also expect you to have a history of fostering strong relationships and influencing change by winning over a diverse group of stakeholders, while planning and executing strategic initiatives with an outstanding team. If you are interested in utilizing your depth of HR expertise, experiences, and leadership by example to help engage and develop talented employees, this might be the career opportunity for you!
Areas of responsibility include the following HR disciplines:
- HR Management
- Talent Management
- Recruiting & Staffing
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
- Benefit Plan Administration
- Training & Development
- Loss Control and Safety
- Policies, Procedures & Legal Compliance
The availability and accessibility to travel up to approximately 25% of the time across our 8 operating locations within the United States: MN, MO, VA, OH, IA, NC, MI and IL, is required.
The ideal candidate will have the following educational and experience background:
- A Bachelor’s level degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent is required
- A Master’s level degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent is preferred
- 10+ years of progressive HR departmental experience is required
- 5+ years of experience managing HR professionals is required
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred
- Experience working with and communicating in a diverse workplace and with virtual teams is preferred
Select Genetics, LLC was recently created though the merger of AgForte/Willmar Poultry Company and Valley of the Moon Commercial Poults; two businesses that have been working together for more than 50 years. Our headquarters reside on the beautiful and historic MinnWest Technology Campus, with a mission to promote the advancement, nurture the environment and accommodate the functions of a thriving biosciences and technology community in the Greater Willmar Lakes Area.
Organizational Purpose & Core Values:
We lead the way in providing safe, affordable and quality solutions within the poultry industry.
- Stewardship: We work to build a better future for those that follow in our footsteps.
- Trustworthiness: We will be honest and do the right thing.
- Excellence: We will deliver extraordinary results that exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: We will utilize our unique strengths to maximize our collective success.
- Employee Well-Being: We will provide safety, stability and opportunity for our people.
To Apply or Further Inquire Contact:
Michelle Falling | Talent Acquisition Lead