As Farm Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a staff of up to 15 employees and overseeing the care and well-being of 4,800 turkey breeder toms on a company-owned farm.
Job responsibilities also include monitoring and adjusting barn environment conditions, maintaining infrastructure and mechanical systems, entering time and attendance, and electronically recording and tracking flock/farm performance. Another key responsibility would be to answer alarm calls and check the farm to make sure it is in top working condition. Biosecurity protocols, animal safety and welfare standards, and good housekeeping practices must be adhered to.
- Efficiently and effectively manage the day to day operations of the farm, creating and maintaining conditions that result in high quality semen production for the hen farms.
- Lead, train, motivate, discipline and supervise employees with the objective of building and maintaining a high performing unit to meet or exceed production goals. Ensure the authority and responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
- Follow and enforce company policies, procedures related to bio-security, animal welfare, and safety; and, all regulatory requirements.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience leading and managing employees are preferred.
- A valid Virginia Driver’s License and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record preferred.
- The ability to lead and manage others including the ability to build a creative, productive and cohesive team.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, able to organize and prioritize work, to work under pressure, and to work successfully in a team environment.
- Detail oriented with good business judgment and able to make appropriate decisions quickly.
Our total compensation plan includes:
- On site housing: Rent + Utilities
- Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental
- 401K retirement with 4% dollar for dollar match
For more information, or to inquire further, contact: