Epitopix LLC, is an industry leader in combatting harmful bacterial diseases that affect the animals we rely on to feed the world. Our patented vaccines prevent and fight common harmful diseases such as E.coli and Salmonella in poultry (turkey and chicken), cattle, and swine.
We have a full-time Production Technician opportunity available within the Small Autogenous department. This role is primarily responsible for the growth, harvest, downstream processing of bacteria to blending vaccine and filling into final containers in compliance with internal procedures and governmental regulations. Individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment in a ‘roll up your sleeves’ hands-on type of role and can demonstrate strengths in multi-tasking and problem solving will be successful.
Candidates with experience in fermentation or aseptic processing or educational degrees or course work in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biotechnology, or Biofuel Technology, are ideal but are not necessarily requirements for this role.
Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Aseptic scale up and harvest of bacteria from fermentation processes.
- Aseptic downstream processing of bacterial cultures.
- Aseptic preparation and filling of vaccines.
- Disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of fermentation equipment.
- Maintenance of records associated with processes to demonstrate compliance. Records are kept manually
- Preparation of liquid media used during fermentation processes
- Maintains cleanliness of departments for sterility assurance process and procedures.
- Will work independently and as part of small teams during processes. Will assist with other duties as assigned. Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner and maintains continuity in work flow.
Qualities we are Seeking:
- Hard working individual with a positive attitude and passion for detailed completion of assigned duties.
- Confidence to work and make decisions independently and be self-directed
- Willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and perform work that requires being on your feet, twisting, turning, reaching, and some lifting of equipment
- Ability to adapt and react positively to changes in daily routine
- Experience with compliance in a regulated industry is desirable but not necessary
- Experience with aseptic processing and fermentation operation is desirable but not necessary
- Some mechanical problem solving experience or aptitude a huge plus
- Preferred but not required education: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biotechnology, or Biofuel Technology
Epitopix is committed to workplace safety. This position will be working in both an office and manufacturing setting which is highly regulated. Potential exposure to dirt, dust, unpleasant odors, and noise. There is potential for exposure to level II biological organisms, allergens, and chemicals requiring adherence to OSHA regulations. Work may also involve limited exposure to elements such as extreme temperatures and fumes.
Compensation & Benefits:
This opportunity is a full-time, benefits eligible position valued depending upon qualifications and experience. An increased shift differential is paid for working evening hours (typically starting 3-4PM). We are proud to offer our employees a generous comprehensive benefits package in addition to competitive compensation. Our core package includes affordable medical care options, a 401K plan with immediate dollar for dollar company 4% match, generous Paid Time Off, and more!
- The core work hours are between 7:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday but may require overtime or temporary adjustment of core hours to meet work demands. This position will maintain a 40 hour work week within core business hours and be allowed some flexibility.