Select Genetics is seeking a full-time Transportation Manager to ensure shipments into and out of our Osceola, IA hatchery facility.
Select Genetics is the leading supplier of quality turkey poults (baby turkeys), with a mission to deliver the highest quality poults at the greatest value to integrated food marketing companies, our commercial production farms, and independent turkey growers. Select Genetics has operations in eight US States.
This role is responsible that shipments are handled quickly, safely, and within budget. You will also coordinate with outside vendors that provide freight services and also ensure that delivery issues are researched and corrected. Staying current on various regulations including DOT, hours of service, employment safety, and freight classifications is also a key responsibility in this role.
- Dispatching local equipment and crews, managing transportation related conflict and providing resolution.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of procedural actions relating to Quality Control, Quality Surveillance, and Bio-security as directed by the Global Quality Control Manager.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of fleet equipment maintenance, modifications, transfer of assets, and asset procurement.
- Responsible for making hiring decisions of all logistics employees including Class A CDL Must be knowledgeable of CDL driver hiring requirements and DOT compliance.
- Responsible for the development and training of local division logistics employees.
- Collaborates with the Global Logistics Manager to make information recommendations regarding intra-office operations and logistics efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for participating in and facilitating global dispatch coordination with all locations.
- Overall departmental budgetary responsibility local budget and cost management and working toward a global team budget and goals.
- Ensures DOT compliance with respect to all transportation equipment and logistics employees.
- Responsible for creating an engaging, healthy, and productive work environment, through aligning them with company culture and values.
- Responsible for helping with the development and implementation of safety programs and procedures.
- Scope of responsibility is expected to include up to 20 employees.
The Ideal Applicant Qualifications
- Previous Leadership experience is required. Must have a minimum of 1-2 years in a Supervisory or Management role.
- Demonstrates strengths engaging and interacting with people in a positive way.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence utilizing business computer information systems/software is required.
- A Class A CDL license is preferred but not required.
- A Bachelor’s level degree is preferred but not required.
- Transportation or Logistics management experience is a huge plus.
- Poultry industry experience is a huge plus.
Compensation and Benefits Eligible:
This role is eligible for competitive compensation based on skills and experience demonstrated.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Plans
- Health Savings Account with a $500 company match program
- 401(K) retirement plan with immediate dollar for dollar match up to 4%
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
To Apply Contact:
Sonia Valenciano | (417) 678-5021 ext. 1111
HR Strategic Business Partner