Nova-Tech Engineering has a full-time opportunity on our equipment restoration team for a technician with a strong mechanical and/or electrical background. In keeping with our commitment to reuse and recycle we, rebuild our machines to extend their life for many years. We are seeking talented people that enjoy fixing and restoring things to like new condition. This person will test, troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild assemblies and mechanisms for all of our equipment. If you enjoy making old things run like new again, we are interested in talking with you.
Through innovative process automation technology, Nova-Tech Engineering engineers and manufactures automated robotics systems that serve the agricultural industry around the globe. Our headquarters is located on the beautiful and historic MinnWest Technology campus in Willmar, MN. We hire technically passionate career minded individuals to add value to our organization and align with our values!
The ideal candidate will have experience or basic knowledge with mechanical and electronics troubleshooting and repair. You’ll have an advantage if you understand electronics work like resistance, capacitance, TTL Logic, Multimeters, Oscilloscope Operation; ability to read Electrical Schematics.
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
- Find the cause of equipment malfunctions and repair to like new condition.
- Determine if all parts are clean, and of sufficient quality for remanufacturing by means of in-process inspections
- Inspect, test, and measure items to ensure they meet specifications
- Continually seek process improvements and make recommendations to management
- May assist in general laboratory type work
The Ideal Candidate Skills and Experience:
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to details with ability to handle and assemble small parts and electronic components using hand tools, and soldering irons
- Experience with or basic electrical knowledge of: Resistance, Capacitance, TTL Logic, Multimeters, Oscilloscope Operation (highly preferred but not required)
- Ability to read Electrical Schematics (highly preferred but not required)
- Ability to recognize non-conformances to inform leads and/or supervisor
- Knowledge of various MS Office applications such as: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Nova-Tech Engineering Core Values:
- Collaboration/Communication: We will combine diverse talents to achieve shared goals
- Agility: We will be adaptable and flexible to do whatever is necessary to succeed.
- Strengths: We will capitalize on the unique talents of each employee every day.
- Innovation: We will inspire the application of imagination and science to create unique solutions to problems.
- Excellence: We are committed to continually raising the bar for our products, processes and services.
Strengths Based Culture:
Nova-Tech Engineering is committed to the Gallup Strengths concept of discovering employees’ natural talents and managing to those strengths in order to maximize engagement and productivity. A strengths-based approach is one that understands each employee brings a unique set of talents and drive to his or her job, and that if allowed to further develop and use those strengths, everyone wins.
Benefits at Nova-Tech Engineering:
This opportunity includes a generous compensation and benefits package to include: Comprehensive medical insurance, paid time off, health savings plan with company matching dollars, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, education reimbursement, and a 401K plan with an immediate 100% match of the first 5% of your wages. Finally, we offer a paid ‘holiday shut down’ period of 5 working days between Christmas and the New Year to all employees!
To Apply or Further Inquire:
We welcome inquiries even if you are simply interested in exploring what it MIGHT be like to work at Nova-Tech Engineering on the beautiful MinnWest Technology Campus in Willmar, MN. Please send us an email note or give us a call with your questions!
Michelle Falling, Recruiting Specialist